If you are looking for a very compact, handy and possibly even cute mini microwave, you may want to check out the Whirlpool WMC20005YW 0.5 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave Oven. This model has an attractive and unique square design that almost makes it look like a mini television. It also is extremely compact as it has a rounded back allowing it to slide easily into kitchen corners as well as other tight spaces. And even with its appealing space saving design, it can still comfortably fit a full sized dinner plate. There aren’t a lot of fancy features found in larger and more complicated microwaves, but it gets the job done. It even comes with a very handy add 30 seconds option.
Check Price on Amazon
Review of the Whirlpool Countertop Microwave Oven
0.5 Cubic Feet, 750 Watts
Compact Countertop Microwave in 3 Finishes:
White WMC20005YW, Black WMC20005YB & Universal Silver WMC20005YD
Also available in Universal Silver – The Whirlpool WMC20005YD
Also available in Black – The Whirlpool WMC20005YB
- Space Saving Rounded Back
- Glass Turntable – Large enough to fit a normal sized dinner plate.
- Sleek Design
- 750 Watts of Power
- 10 Power Levels
- Add 30 Seconds Option
- Tap Touch Control Panel
- Popcorn Button
- Measurements: 15.39 inches wide by 13.75 inches deep by 14.13 inches high
- Weight: 33 pounds
The Whirlpool 0.5 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave Oven is highly rated by owners on Amazon at 4 and mostly 5/5 stars. The Whirlpool WMC20005YW is well liked, with many owners being very happy with the purchase. Owners have stated that they would buy the same microwave again and also highly recommend it to others. There have been very few complaints about this model unlike some other popular compact microwaves.
Comments include that it is a great microwave for small spaces, especially with its rounded back and the cooking times are very reasonable considering the size of the oven. It is attractive with a clean counter look and has been complimented on by guests. It doesn’t have a lot of buttons, but for many of us that rarely use all the special keys often found on microwaves, a simple timer is enough.
Click here to read customer reviews
Here are the pros and cons of the Whirlpool WMC20005Y Countertop Microwave Oven:
- Very compact – Its small footprint does not take up much counter space.
- It has a roomy interior with a nice height. A dinner plate fits in the unit easily. Even large dinner plates fit in with room to spare. Height is good for plates and mugs, but it is not high enough for larger items such as a rice cooker.
- Has a unique square design with a rounded back. This allows it to slide into corners very easily which is great for tight spaces.
- Works well and food is heated nicely.
- Good at defrosting.
- Add 30 seconds to cooking times is extremely handy.
- Has fast cooking times (similar to a 1000 Watt microwave).
- Has an attractive and clean looking appearance.
- High build quality
- Very quiet operation
- Bright LCD Display
- Easy to use interface
- Touch buttons work well
- Has a lock for the touch screen which prevents any accidental turning on.
- The flat front of the microwave as well as the interior (as it has a rounded back) makes it easy to clean.
- Interior light is bright allowing you to see the food cooked quite easily through the door. The interior light also has an auto shut-off feature which is triggered after leaving the door open for a few minutes.
- Not super powerful. It may take 2 minutes instead of 1 to reheat leftovers.
- It beeps when you touch the buttons. And although the microwave has a very quiet operation, the beeping is quite loud.
The Whirlpool WMC20005YW 0.5 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave Oven is a cute and very compact microwave with a space saving rounded back. This makes it a great option for those looking to squeeze the unit into a small space or corner.
It has a good build quality and has decent cooking times. A major benefit is that even though it is small, a dinner plate can still fit into it easily.