A very handy and very affordable option in microwave ovens is the RCA RMW953 0.9 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven. This is a compact microwave with a small footprint making it a great option for those with small kitchens, and for offices and dorms. Although it is small in size, it has a generous 0.9 Cubic Foot capacity interior, which is a bit larger than most compact microwaves. This low priced microwave has great bang for its buck. It has quite a lot of useful features, performs well, cooks foods fast and cooks them evenly, with good results.
Check Price on Amazon
Review of the RCA RMW953 Microwave Oven
0.9 Cubic Feet, 900 Watt with Oversized Display
Compact Countertop Microwave in Black
A standout feature of the RCA RMW953 Microwave Oven is its spacious interior, along with an easy to use soft-touch control panel. It’s display is easy to read which makes making meals, whether cooking, reheating or defrosting an easy task. It even has a few one touch buttons for popular items, such as popcorn, pizza, baked potato, beverages, frozen dinners and reheating leftovers.
- 0.9 Cubic Foot Capacity
- 900 Watts of Power
- 10 Power Levels
- Glass Turntable – Allows for even heating. Turntable is removable and dishwasher-safe.
- Curved Handle – For easy opening
- Digital Clock and Kitchen Timer
- Soft-touch Electric Control Panel with Auto-Cook Menu
- Cook and Defrost by Weight Features
- 6 One Touch Buttons: Popcorn, Baked Potato, Beverage, Frozen Dinner, Pizza and Reheat for quick cooking.
- Speed Defrost
- Start/Stop and Reset Buttons
- End of Cycle Audio Signal
- Child Lock
- Measurements: 19 by 15.5 by 10.8 inches
- Weight: 30.5 pounds.
Owners of the RCA RMW953 0.9-Cubic Feet Microwave Oven appear to be very happy and pleased with their purchase. The product works well and is a great microwave for the price. It does the job people want it to do. This is not a fancy microwave, but it is suitable for many owners needs. Owners are pleased with the fast cooking times of this unit, as well as the result produced. Owners choose the RCA RMW953 because they want a small, but not too small, budget microwave which still gets the job done. Owners have purchased this unit for small kitchen spaces, offices and also for grandparents.
Click here to read customer reviews
Here are the pros and cons of the RCA RMW953 Microwave Oven:
- Works well – Most owners feel it performs well.
- Very Affordable – great budget microwave.
- Takes up a small amount of space – great for those with small kitchen counters.
- Has a generous interior for the size – can fit a full-sized dinner plate.
- Efficient – Owners find this unit cooks foods quickly, and is faster than previous microwaves owned.
- Heats & Cooks foods well – Foods are cooked evenly.
- Defrosting by weight feature works well.
- Very Easy to Use
- Looks really nice – Owners love the look.
- Display is large and easy to read.
- Makes great popcorn
- Easy to clean – has a removable turntable.
- Product arrived quickly
- There is a bit of confusion as to which color display you will receive. Some units have a blue display while others have a green display as shown here. Although the picture on Amazon shows the blue display, owners have received the green display and have been disappointed.
- Smaller than what some people wanted.
- There is no “add 30 seconds” button. (Note: To use a one minute button, you can make use of the pizza button which automatically adds one minute, making it useful for other items as well).
- There is no cancel button. But never fear, the reset button does the same thing.
- One owner comments that cooking meals requires more button pushes than they are used to on their previous microwave.
- Microwave is not especially well made, but is adequate.
- A little loud when in use.
- The large and smaller keys on the keypad share the same touch contact area. This could be a little difficult or tricky for those with larger fingers.
- The “Start” button is a bit hard to push.
- The end cycle beep is a bit soft and hard to hear if not in the kitchen. This unit does have reminder beeps afterwards though.
- It beeps a lot. When pushing buttons, when opening the door, at end of cycle, and reminder beeps afterwards.
The RCA RMW953 0.9 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven is a decent choice for those in the market for a compact microwave, as it works well, is easy to use and has quite a few handy features to make preparing meals much easier.
A very appealing attribute of this unit is its very affordable price tag, and its interior is a bit more spacious than many other compact microwaves allowing you a bit more room for your meals.
A good budget microwave with a small footprint, which cooks well and fast, and looks pretty nice as well.