Those looking for a good mid sized countertop microwave oven with Inverter technology may be very interested in the Panasonic NN-SN651 Genius Inverter Microwave Oven. This #1 bestseller on Amazon is extremely popular and it’s no wonder why. The Panasonic NN-SN651 has many of the great cooking features found in full-sized ovens but has a smaller footprint, leaving you with more counter space in your kitchen. It comes in Black (NN-SN651B), Stainless (NN-SN661S) and in White (NN-SN651W) and looks very stylish in a kitchen, making it not only a very handy addition to a kitchen, but an attractive one too. With many simple to use programs, those using it will find preparing meals to be both quick and easy.
Check Price on Amazon
Review of the Panasonic Genius Countertop Microwave Oven with Inverter Technology
1.2 Cubic Feet, 1200 Watt
Mid-Sized Countertop Microwave in 3 Finishes:
Black NN-SN651B, White NN-SN651W & Stainless NN-SN661S
A major stand out feature of the Panasonic NN-SN651 Genius Countertop Microwave Oven is its Inverter Technology which enables the microwave to operate at various power levels. This makes a huge difference in the quality of foods prepared. Foods are able to simmer without overcooking surfaces and edges. This means foods maintain their juices and flavor. Yum! So you get great tasting food even though you have used a super convenient microwave. The Panasonic NN-SN651 also has a high 1200 Watts of cooking power, and owners have commented on how fast this particular model cooks and heats foods. Foods are cooked well, evenly and fast.
Other stand-out features include Inverter Turbo Defrosting, automatic cooking and heating with the One-Touch Genius Sensor Cook and Reheat buttons. There is also a keep warm feature which is very nice to have, a delay start timer, as well as a quick minute and popcorn key. It is also nice when using all these features to have an easy to use interface, which is very much the case with the Panasonic Genius Inverter Microwave Oven. A simple to understand keypad and push buttons makes setting the microwave a breeze.
- 1.2 Cubic Foot Capacity
- 1200 Watts of High Power – Fast cooking times.
- 13 ½ inch Turntable – Cooks and heats foods evenly.
- Inverter Technology – Foods maintain their flavor and are cooked evenly without edges or surfaces overcooking.
- Inverter Turbo Defrosting – Fast and thorough defrosting.
- One-Touch Genius Sensor Cook and Reheat – Cook foods automatically.
- 10 Power Levels
- Flat Keypad Panel with Push Button Controls and Digital Display – For quick and easy programming.
- Stainless Steel Face
- Push-Button Door Release
- Keep Warm Feature – Keeps your food warm after the cycle has ended until it is ready to be served (up to 30 minutes).
- Delay Start Timer
- More/Less Control
- Quick Minute Key – Great for quick snacks, sides and beverages. Can be pressed to set 1 minute increments up to 10 minutes.
- Popcorn Key – Delicious popcorn at the touch of a button.
- Child-Safety Lock
- Achieved the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval
- Covered by a 2 year Limited Warranty
- Measurements: – Unit: 20 11/16 inches wide by 12 ¼ inches high by 15 13/16 inches deep – Cavity: 13 15/16 inches wide by 9 15/16 inches high by 14 3/8 inches deep
- Weight: 25.3 pounds
The majority of owners of the Panasonic NN-SN651B, NN-SN661S and NN-SN651W Microwave Oven are very pleased with their purchase, rating the unit 4 and 5/5 stars. It is described as a very good mid-sized countertop microwave which is powerful, has good function and looks very elegant.
Owners have commented that this model is easy to operate and has everything you need in a microwave. “It does what we need it to do and does it well”. The majority of owners are very satisfied with the microwave and are very happy with its performance. As it is dependable and has very fast cooking and heating times, it is recommend for everyday use.
Owners comment that the Panasonic NN-SN651 is excellent value and one owner found it to be better than they expected, while another comments that it is the best microwave that they have owned. This is an “all in all good microwave oven”, is well liked by many, and comes at a great price.
Click here to read customer reviews
Let’s have a good look at what people liked about it:
- Good function. Owners comment that the Panasonic NN-SN651 works very well for their needs.
- Nice size. This unit is a nice mid-sized microwave. It is a perfect size for a counter as it does not take up too much space and is still large enough for many uses. A great option for those not needing a full sized microwave, which can take over your counter space.
- Easy to operate. The programs on this unit are very easy to use, especially when compared to other brands of microwaves.
- Easy to set times. Instead of needing to turn a dial or press an input time button, you can simply press the numbers. For example, pressing 2, 3, 0, sets the microwave to 2 minutes and 30 seconds. No confusing steps.
- Evenly heated foods. Owners are happy with the result of their heated and cooked foods as they are heated evenly. One owner comments that leftover pizza heated beautifully.
- Defrosting works well. Meats defrosted turn out well with no overheated spots. Own owner comments that defrosting salmon was perfectly done.
- Great for microwave popcorn. Popcorn is cooked very well in this unit compared to other microwaves. Owners state that the popcorn was perfect! All but one or two of the kernels popped and none of the popcorn burned.
- Fast cooking times. The microwave is quite powerful and cooks foods quickly. Owners comment that foods and beverages are cooked and heated much faster than other models they have used.
- Owners like the auto cook features. Sensor cooking and reheating function is great and works quickly and accurately. The microwave weighs your food and warms it perfectly.
- Keep warm mode. Works well and is a great feature.
- Looks good. This microwave looks very elegant, and looks great in a modern kitchen.
- Good quality. Microwave does not feel cheap, the door button works smoothly and does not get stuck.
- Dependable. Owners recommend this unit for everyday use.
- Easy to clean. Owners found the glass turntable to be very easy to clean.
- Good instructions. This unit has a very thorough instruction manual.
- Great price. Owners find the Panasonic NN-SN651 to be excellent value for money and better than what they expected.
- Well packaged and arrived quickly. Owners were very happy with the good service and fast delivery from Amazon.
Compared to the many positive customer reviews, the cons of this unit do not seem so bad. But let’s have a look at them just to be on the safe side:
- No light comes on when opening the door.
- When the cycle has completed the microwave beeps 5 times but does not have any reminder beeps after that.
- Selecting the correct power level can take a little effort as when you press the power level button it goes down by 10%, so it can take quite a few presses to get to 20 or 30 %.
- The fan is a bit louder than other models but is not so bad for most owners that it is a problem.
- Owner found the evenness of defrosting to not be as good as expected.
- Owner’s unit broke only a few months after purchase. (Best to hang on to that 2 year warranty to play it safe).
The Panasonic NN-SN651 Genius Countertop Microwave Oven is a great option for those seeking a mid-sized countertop microwave oven but don’t want to miss out on the many great features found on full-sized ovens. This unit would suit those after Inverter technology for well cooked and great tasting meals, and are looking for a unit which has fast cooking times and is very easy to use. Not only does the Panasonic NN-SN651 come with many great cooking features but it also has a small footprint which will leave you with more counter space in your kitchen. It looks great too, which is definitely a plus. And to sweeten the deal, it is extremely affordable too.