Those seeking a large and well designed quality countertop microwave may be interested in the Panasonic Genius Prestige NN-SD797S Sensor Microwave Oven. This family-sized microwave oven offers both power and size with its 1250 Watts and 1 3/5 Cubic-Foot capacity. But it also offers quality, with a 15 inch turntable designed for even heating and its ability to deliver very low microwave power levels prevents food from overcooking, resulting in delicious properly cooked food.
Check Price on Amazon
Review of the Panasonic NN-SD797S Genius Prestige Sensor Microwave Oven with Inverter Technology
1.6 Cubic Feet, 1250 Watt, Blue Readout
Countertop/Built-in Microwave in Stainless Steel
Stand outs of the large Panasonic Prestige Sensor Microwave Oven with Inverter Technology & Blue Readout include fast cooking times with a 1250 Watts of high power, a spacious 15 inch turntable, One-Touch Sensor Cooking and Reheating for easy cooking, Inverter Turbo Defrost for thorough defrosting, and easy to use Pop-Out Dial and Push Button Control Panel and an attractive Stainless Steel Casing. (See the full list of features below).
Many are very fond of Panasonic’s One-Touch Sensor Cooking and Reheating which makes cooking meals a very quick and easy process. This is where the Panasonic Prestige automatically adjusts the power levels needed and determines the appropriate cooking times for your food. All you need to do to reheat food is press the Sensor Reheat Button and Start, which will heat your food and stop automatically when the food is hot. For cooking you can use the Sensor Cook Button and then simply use the dial to select the type of food and then press Start, and away it will go cooking your food. It is as easy as that. You can choose however to not use the sensor buttons, and select your own time and power levels for your food.
Another stand out of the Panasonic Prestige NN-SD797S, 1250 Watt Sensor Microwave Oven is its ease of use. For a very large and powerful microwave oven with plenty of features, its interface is simple and intuitive to use. Instead of a numeric key pad often found on microwaves, it has real push down buttons and a pop-out dial, which not only looks clean and simple, but makes programming the microwave an easy task.
As it is impressive in size, it is perfect for those wanting a large sized microwave oven, with plenty of room for large casseroles, pizzas and for cooking multiple things at once. The Panasonic NN-SD797S Genius can also be used as both a countertop microwave oven as well as a built-in. To top it all off, the Panasonic NN-SD797S has a very elegant design. The Stainless Steel oven looks very attractive and would compliment almost any kitchen design.
- Family-Sized Microwave
- Can be used as a Countertop or Built-in Microwave Oven
- 1250 Watts of High Power
- 1 3/5 Cubic Foot Capacity
- 15 Inch Turntable for Even Heating
- One-Touch Sensor Cooking & Reheating
- Inverter Turbo Defrost Technology for Thorough Defrosting
- Attractive Stainless Steel Face & Casing which is resistant to fingerprints and a Beautiful Half-Mirror Door
- 10 Power Levels
- 5 Multi-Stage Cooking Options
- Keep Warm Menu
- More/Less Control
- Quick Minute Button
- Popcorn Button
- Delay Start Feature
- 6 Digit Display
- Easy to Use Pop-Out Dial with Blue LED Operation Guide
- Push Button Control Panel
- Menu Action Screen with Scrolling Step by Step Cooking Instructions displayed in English, Spanish or French.
- Note: There is a small indentation in the upper left corner of the door (completed at factory) to allow for smooth and easy opening.
- Measurements: 19.4 by 21.9 by 12 inches
- Weight: 31.1 pounds
- Comes with a 1 Year Limited Warranty
Customers of the Panasonic Genius Prestige Sensor Microwave Oven have overall been very happy and impressed with the microwaves function, features and performance. With over 170, 4 and 5 out of 5 star reviews on Amazon, the majority of owners are very pleased and are simply loving this microwave, with some even stating that is was the best microwave they have ever used. Many owners are impressed with the quality of foods cooked, the look and size of the oven, and its ease of use. It has met high expectations, and many are so happy with the purchase that they would buy it again.
Click here to read customer reviews
The Panasonic Prestige NN-SD797S comes highly recommend by its owners, let’s see why by having a look at the pros below:
- Cooks and Heats foods very well, quickly and evenly. Many owners are very impressed with the cooking of this microwave, with one owner stating that it cooks faster and more evenly than any microwave they have owned. The quality of all foods cooked is great. For example, broccoli steamed tasted delicious, and popcorn was perfectly cooked.
- The high wattage of this microwave allows for very fast cooking times. The efficiency and power of this microwave, makes cooking a joy.
- Defrosting works wonderfully and evenly, and doesn’t cook any of the outer layers of the food. Some have never used a microwave which defrosted so well!
- The automatic cooking and heating works very well. Times set are accurate creating hot and well cooked foods.
- Sensor Reheat and Sensor Cook buttons make cooking a breeze.
- Is very large in size. One major feature of the Panasonic Prestige is its size. It has a huge interior volume which is wider and deeper than most other microwave ovens, even those of the same exterior size. The main advantage of this is you can fit large casseroles in the oven easily, and it is large enough to fit both a dinner plate and a bowl on the turntable at the same time. You can also cook a full 12 inch pizza in it. Wide dishes can be placed and multiple things can be cooked at once on the impressive 15 inch turntable.
- Owners have specifically purchased this model as it can be used as a built-in and not just as a counter-top oven.
- Looks amazing. Owners love the way it looks, stating that the microwave looks very beautiful and modern and looks great with other Stainless Steel appliances. To top it off, fingerprints don’t show up on the Stainless Steel. Friends often compliment the very nice microwave.
- The Turbo Defrost
- Popcorn turns out great
- Very easy to operate. Owners comment on the simple and intuitive control panel with good controls, making it very easy to program and use the oven.
- Has an easy to use dial. Many owners love the dial and enjoy how nice and quick it is to set the microwave. The dial might take a bit of getting used to if you normally use a numeric keypad, but it offers simplicity and is intuitive to use. You simply turn the dial to set the time and then press “Start”. It is as easy as that. Owners comment on the dial being a nice change from complicated buttons and controls and the dial on this particular model is much better than the ones on other models. A nice added bonus, the dial glows a pretty cool blue when touched.
- Great features.
- Good quality.
- Very reliable. Many owners have been very satisfied with the excellent performance of this microwave, and have been using the microwave for a year or more, and it still works perfectly.
- Buttons on the front panel are real push-down buttons, with useful functions. Owners comment on how this is much nicer than a flat panel often found on microwaves.
- Display is in bright blue and is easy to read.
- Easy to clean
- Not too noisy. Microwave has a soft smooth hum.
- Excellent Value. Many owners agree that this microwave is great value for its price range.
- Microwave was delivered quickly and in perfect condition.
Compared to the amount of positives of the Panasonic Prestige NN-SD797S Sensor Microwave Oven, the negatives are few and far between. Here’s what we found out:
- It is a very large microwave. While this is obviously a pro for those wanting a large microwave, there are some inconveniences which go along with it. The oven takes up quite a lot of counter space, leaving not much room in front of the microwave to use. It is also deeper than most microwaves so may not fit in spaces designed for microwaves, like kitchen cabinets. It also might look a bit funny in a small kitchen as it is so big, and you may have trouble fitting it in. So be sure to check the dimensions of microwave before purchase and ensure you have enough space for it.
- Those who like to use a numeric keypad may not like the use of a dial. One owner comments that the dial increases in too large of increments after the one minute mark. For precision a keypad may be preferable to some.
- There are concerns over the reliability of this microwave. One owner states that it is not built to last. After 11 months the Start button stopped working, but luckily it was still under warranty. Another owners unit burned out. One after 9 months, and another after 3 years.
- One owner did not like how the timer functioned. It worked fine, but only has 2 small beeps when the cycle is finished, which can be easy to miss.
- It doesn’t have a 30 second button, which can be very handy whilst cooking but many newer models including this one do not include it. There is a One-Minute Button though.
- The dial can’t be used to select a power level, meaning you need to push the power level button several times depending on how much power you want. A minor inconvenience.
- One owner found it a lot of effort to close the oven door, needing to slam it shut each time used. Another owner found that the button used to open the door needed a firm push to open it. There are however other owners who have experienced no problems in opening the door.
The Panasonic Genius Prestige NN-SD797S Sensor Microwave Oven is a powerful and large microwave oven with some very nice features: One-touch Sensor Cooking and Reheating, Turbo Defrost, Keep Warm Menu, and a simple control panel with push buttons and a pop-out dial.
This microwave not only offers size and fast cooking times, but also high quality of foods prepared. Its excellent design and technology results in delicious food, which has been cooked evenly, and easily. It doesn’t overcook or over-dry your food, and you won’t go nuts or starve whilst trying to decipher the control panel. It also looks extremely elegant in a kitchen.
Seeing how the vast majority of owners absolutely love using this microwave and believe it to be a very good purchase, it sounds like a great investment. But make sure you have the room for it in your kitchen. If you love to cook, want plenty of space to do so comfortably as well as efficiently in a fast powerful oven, and you want your food to turn out cooked to perfection and tasting delicious, the Panasonic NN-SD797S Genius Prestige may be just the oven for you.