The Panasonic NN-SD681S Genius Prestige Countertop/Built-in Microwave is a very popular microwave oven due to its attractive appearance and many useful features. It also has inverter technology which gives it the ability to cook foods evenly. This means your food will taste better as it will not be overcooked or dry. Commented by owners as one of the best countertop microwaves in this size and price range, this powerful (1200 Watts), and 1.2 Cubic Foot capacity (not too large) microwave, is a good option for those looking for a powerful microwave oven that does not take up too much space.
Check Price on Amazon
Review of the Panasonic NN-SD681S Genius Prestige Microwave Oven with Inverter Technology
1.2 Cubic Feet, 1200 Watt
Countertop/Built-in Microwave with Stainless Steel Front
Stand out features of the Panasonic NN-SD681S Genius Prestige Microwave Oven include automatic one-touch sensor cooking and reheating, turbo defrosting, as well as the function: “Melt and Soften”, which allows you to melt chocolate or ice cream with ease. Inverter technology is also a big plus for even cooking, as well as the ease of use which comes with quick use buttons and a programming dial.
- Mid-Sized Microwave Oven
- Can be used as a Countertop or Built-in Microwave (optional extra: trim kit)
- 1200 Watts of High Power
- 1.2 Cubic Foot Capacity
- 13 ½ inch Turntable
- Elegant Half Mirror Door on a Stainless Steel face wrapped in a silver finish.
- Inverter Technology – Capture the flavor of meals with even cooking
- Inverter Turbo Defrost – Fast and even defrosting
- One-Touch Genius Sensor Cook and Reheat – Automatic cooking with the touch of a button
- Inverter Melt and Soften
- Blue Fluorescent 4-Digit Display
- Programming Dial – turn the dial for quick programming and cooking
- Quick Use Buttons – Popcorn Key, Keep Warm, Quick Minute, Delay Start, Timer, More/Less Control
- Measurements: 20 3/8 inches Wide by 15 15/16 inches Deep by 11 7/8 inches High
- Weight: 25 lbs.
- Note: There is a small indentation in the upper left corner of the door to allow for smooth opening.
The majority of owners of the Panasonic Genius Prestige Inverter Microwave Oven are very happy with the unit. Described as a good all-round unit, the Panasonic NN-SD681S is recommended to those in the market for a new microwave. Based on features, performance, price and size, this unit is described as very good value and a good purchase. Let’s look at what people liked about it:
Click here to read customer reviews
- Very attractive and sleek looking microwave. Owners comment on how beautiful the microwave looks with its Stainless Steel finish and square lines.
- Display is bright and easy to read even when up close and from many angles.
- The Sensor Reheat feature reheats leftovers beautifully, being nice and hot and not overcooked.
- There are 14 Sensor Cook settings for specific foods, which is more than previous models. Just open the door to see a label which tells you which number to use for which type of food.
- Defrosting is very good on this model. It is excellent at defrosting meat thoroughly without overcooking the edges.
- High power gives fast cooking times.
- Microwave has a simple to use interface. Controls may take a little getting used to but very easy once you get the hang of it.
- The Dial is a nice addition and feels very intuitive. It can be used for setting time and cooking settings which would normally be done with a keypad. It also is retractable when not in use.
- One minute button is very handy.
- Inverter technology is very useful allowing for versatility in cooking as the microwave is able to cook and heat foods at low power settings.
- Food is cooked evenly examples given were oatmeal and baked potatoes which turned out beautifully. Popcorn also turns out excellent with easy adjustments for different bag sizes.
- Inverter Melt and Sensor Reheat both work well. Inverter Melt is used for melting chocolate, softening butter, cream cheese, ice cream etc. A nice and handy addition not often found on microwaves.
- Door locks solidly on this model.
- Has a nice power for its size.
- Good value for money
- This unit is a good space saver as it does not have a very large footprint.
- Has a child lock feature – great for those with young children.
Let’s also have a look at any negatives found with the Panasonic NN-SD681S Inverter Microwave Oven:
- The light only comes on whilst cooking. It does not come on when opening the door which is often found in older models. One user commented on liking this feature as you can leave the door open to air out the oven without worrying about having to close it.
- As it is stainless steel it can show fingerprints, which is the case with any stainless steel appliance. When cleaned it looks great.
- Has a Stainless Steel face but not stainless steel sides, these are a silver wrap finish.
- Can interfere with wireless.
- It does not have the best reminder system. It has 5 beeps after finishing its cycle but no follow up beeps after that.
- It is a little loud but the noise is not unpleasant.
The Panasonic NN-SD681S Genius Prestige Microwave Oven, appears to be a great quality little microwave oven. The majority of owners love its stylish elegant look and the quality of food cooked, heated, defrosted and melted. The display is easy to read and the controls are easy to use. Although there are a few negatives, they are overshadowed by the many compliments.
The Panasonic NN-SD681S is a good choice for those who don’t want or cannot fit a larger microwave but still want a powerful unit with powerful features. That is what you get in this sleek, nicely sized, and nicely priced model.