The Panasonic NN-H765 Genius Sensor Microwave Oven has pretty much anything you could want in a microwave oven. This bestseller is a full-sized countertop microwave (1.6 Cubic Feet) with a generous 15 inch turntable allowing you to cook multiple things at once. It is a powerful 1250 Watts, and comes in both Black (NN-H765BF) and in White (NN-H765WF). The Panasonic Sensor Microwave Oven includes many useful features such as One-Touch Sensor Cooking and Reheating, Inverter Turbo Defrost, Keep Warm Mode, Quick Minute, Delay Start and an easy to use Push Button Control Panel. The useful features, the large size, the ease of use and most importantly the quality of food prepared, combined with a very attractive price, makes this microwave a very solid choice for any kitchen.
Check Price on Amazon
Review of the Panasonic Genius Sensor Microwave Oven with Inverter Technology
1.6 Cubic Feet, 1250 Watt
Full-Sized Countertop Microwave in Black NN-H765BF & White NN-H765WF
One of the major reasons why people choose the Panasonic NN-H765 Genius Sensor Microwave Oven for their home is because of the Inverter Technology. This technology along with the automatic turntable ensures your food will be cooked, heated or defrosted evenly. This prevents the overcooking of foods and results in a much higher quality of food prepared than you would find in other non inverter microwaves.
One-Touch Sensor Cook and Reheat are also popular features of the Panasonic NN-H765 Microwave Ovens. With this handy feature, you can cook and reheat foods with absolute ease. Who doesn’t love to simply put your food in the microwave press a button, and let the microwave determine the power levels and cooking times for you? The microwave works out the power and timer settings for you automatically for a variety of different foods. Included in the 19 categories available are baked potatoes, omelettes, and fresh vegetables, as well as frozen foods such as frozen pizza, entrees and vegetables. Making meals, whether you want to defrost, heat or cook is a very easy task with the Panasonic NN-H765.
Although the Panasonic NN-H765BF Microwave Oven has many different functions it is not overwhelming or confusing to use. The easy to use push button control panel, step by step guides shown through the menu action screen as well as the option to cook automatically with sensor cooking ensure the machine is only as complicated as you want it to be. If you want to get a good idea of all of the features and shortcuts, you can go over the manual a couple of times. However, this is not necessary to do before using it. You can just plug it in and learn as you go.
This microwave is well suited to those looking for a practical, easy to program microwave with many useful features. It’s generous size and fast cooking times ensures efficiency when cooking.
- 1 3/5 Cubic Foot Capacity
- 1250 Watts
- 10 Power Levels
- Has an Automatic 15 Inch Turntable Providing Even Heating and Cooking
- Has One Touch Sensor Cooking with 19 Categories – This means you are able to cook foods automatically with very little effort. The power levels and timer is set for you.
- One Touch Sensor Reheat for Automatic Reheating
- Inverter Turbo Defrost – for Thorough Defrosting
- Keep Warm Mode with an Improved Keep Warm Menu with 5 Items catering for Stew, Gravy and Desserts. This function serves to keep your food warm until it’s time to serve it.
- Can set up to 5 Multi-Stage Cooking Options
- An Easy to Use Push Button Control Panel
- More/Less Control – You are able to add more or less time with ease.
- Popcorn Key – Make delicious popcorn at the touch of a button.
- Quite Minute Button – Press one button easily to set the microwave from 1 to 9 minutes
- Delay Start Option – This is a very handy feature in which you can set the timer to start cooking later on.
- Multi- Lingual Menu Action Screen – This handy feature consists of step by step instructions for cooking your meal to appear on the display. Language options are English, Spanish and French.
- Function Key – This is used for programming 10 handy non-cooking functions with ease. Press it to bring up the Menu Action Screen and simply follow the steps shown.
- Reminder Beep
- Child Lock
- Can set it to use pounds or kilos
- Demonstration Mode
- Note: There is a small indentation in the upper left corner of the door (completed at factory) to allow for smooth and easy opening.
- Measurements: 19-7/16 by 21-7/8 by 11-15/16 inches
- Weight: 30 pounds.
- Comes with a 1 Year Limited Warranty
Customer feedback of the Panasonic NN-H765 Sensor Microwave Ovens has been very positive with over 1000! 5 out of 5 Star ratings on Amazon. The majority of owners are very happy, pleased and impressed with the performance of this microwave, and with so many positive reviews, it is no surprise that this model received the #1 bestseller title at Amazon for Countertop Microwave Ovens.
Customers comment on being very satisfied with the microwave and many love everything about it. Many believe this microwave to be money well spent, as it is powerful, well designed, has everything you could want and stands up well to frequent use. Owners have been very pleased with the quality and taste of foods prepared, and many use this microwave to cook and defrost a variety of meals frequently, and not just to reheat or heat ready to make foods.
It also comes out favorably when it is compared to other similar microwaves. One owner stated that is was the best value microwave they could find by far. It was more powerful, had more options, it was larger and cheaper than any of the microwaves they saw in their local stores.
Overall the Panasonic NN-H765 is described to be an excellent full sized microwave which works very well. Owners have been particularly impressed with the Inverter Turbo Defrost, Sensor Cook and Sensor Reheat features. A large majority of owners comment on how much they love this unit, and have no complaints and would buy it again.
Click here to read customer reviews
Here are some of the reasons people love this unit:
- Is very powerful. This is a 1250 Watt Microwave Oven, which means every process is performed much quicker than with older models. As it cooks very fast, be sure to adjust your timers accordingly, and steer clear of non-microwaveable plastic which will most likely melt.
- Is very efficient and has fast cooking times. Many owners agree that this model cooks fast. One owner stated that this microwave was a little slower than their previous GE model but the cooking was more even. Another owner stated that it was a lot faster than their previous model of the same size and wattage. Along with the fast cooking times it is also very quick to set.
- Cooks and heats foods evenly. One of the most mentioned attributes of the Panasonic NN-H765 is its ability to cook, heat and defrost food evenly. Owners have been very pleased stating that it cooks and heats very well, and the defrost feature works wonderfully. This was a main selling point to some as this microwave heats more evenly than previous microwaves used.
- Inverter turbo defrost is exceptional. Many owners agree that the turbo defrost on this microwave is very good especially for meats and is their favorite feature. Meat is thawed very well, and does not come out frozen in the middle or burnt or rubbery on the edges. Meat can be defrosted easily in just minutes without taking any quality away from the meat. The microwave also lets you know when to turn over your food between cycles. Turning the item is optional, but it has a reminder beep to tell you when to turn it, if you want to, otherwise the cycle will simply continue. Can defrost larger freezer items, depending upon the size.
- Sensor Cook and Reheat works well. Another favorite feature on this microwave, owners are very happy with the Sensor Cook and Reheat, stating that these functions appear to excel at what they are meant to do. Food is heated perfectly to the right temperature. The sensor cooking works well, and times set are very accurate. Most foods come out nicely cooked, reheated or defrosted, with very rarely needing to set more time for it to complete. Owners have commented on the perfection of sensor cooked oatmeal and baked potatoes. (While the reheat function worked perfectly for some, another stated that although it works well, they stop it early as the food gets too hot).
- Has Inverter Technology which makes it leaps and bounds better than non inverter microwaves. Many owners were drawn to the Panasonic NN-H765 because it has inverter technology which makes microwaving food a lot better. This technology allows the microwave’s power to step down and operate at low power levels, and not just cycle on and off at 100% power like non inverter microwaves. What this means is the quality of food made is better. No more burnt spots, especially when defrosting, and no food blown up or cooked all over the interior of the microwave. Food is cooked evenly and properly to the correct temperature by its ability to adjust to the correct power level.
- Has great functionality. Owners are happy with the amount of useful things the microwave can do and have favorite functions such as Sensor Reheat, Power Level and Time Cook. The features and automatic settings are also very useful, such as the delayed start, the keep warm mode and the quick minute button. Customers like the many different options available.
- It is easy to use. The user interface is simple to operate and the directions are easy to read and understand. Owners have had no problems using or learning to use this microwave. There is no setting up of the microwave involved, just plug it in, set the timer or use Sensor Cooking and press Start. The interface is very easy to understand.
- Good size for a large microwave. Microwave is large but does not have an overly large footprint allowing it to fit well on a kitchen counter. Most owners are content with the size of this model, some commented that is was larger than they expected. It has a very large inside capacity and fits nicely on a countertop. It is a good choice for those looking for a microwave with a generous width but is not too tall.
- Has a spacious interior. The glass turntable is very large and is handy for cooking multiple things at once, such as 2 bowls of oatmeal, 2 dinners or 2 entrees. Can also fit large items such as family sized packages of chicken.
- Is reliable. Many owners have expressed that the Panasonic NN-H765 has been reliable as long as they have owned it and performs well with use several times a day. Many owners are pleased with the durability, stating that after 2 and 3 1/2 years, the microwave is still perfect and has an excellent performance record.
- It looks great. Many owners have commented on the beautiful appearance of the microwave.
- Works quietly. Microwave operates quietly and the glass turntable rotates quietly. It even has a feature to turn off beeping.
- Sturdy with good door. Microwave stays put on the counter when pushing selections. And the door on the unit works well.
- Good Product. Owners state that it is a great product and works as advertised. It is well made and cooks like you would expect a microwave to cook.
- Great Value. Owners feel that the microwave is great value for the price and found that the product was cheaper on Amazon then at their local store. Customers were very happy with the reasonable price and fast shipping. It would even make a great gift.
- Easy to maintain. Interior is very ease to wipe clean.
- Good Display. Display is easy to see and read.
- Lightweight for size. Owners comment that this large microwave is very lightweight.
- Makes great popcorn. Owners comment that their popcorn comes out perfect.
- Comes with Cookbook. The Panasonic NN-H765 comes with a handy cookbook with many recipes and guides including how to soften brown sugar.
- Good Delivery. Owners have been very pleased with the delivery and the ease of ordering through Amazon, stating that is was a good shopping experience. Delivery was very quick and microwave was well packed. The microwave arrived in good condition.
There are very few negatives about the Panasonic NN-H765 Microwave Ovens, particularly when you compare it to other models. It is interesting to note that many of these downsides are also expressed in reviews of many of today’s microwaves. Here are a few cons that have been mentioned:
- It doesn’t have a 30 second button. It does however have One-Touch cooking/reheating and a quick minute button.
- A couple of owners have experienced major WIFI interference when the microwave is in use. The WIFI network in an owner’s home becomes completely unusable on the lower level of the house when the oven is on. One owner also experienced an interference with their Television Set whilst the Oven is in use.
- It doesn’t cook as fast as some owners were expecting for the amount of wattage it has.
- Some owners had issues with the reliability of the microwave. One owner stated that the machine is not built to last and only lasted 1 year and 5 months. Another unit worked great for 4 years then blew up. One owners unit stopped working after 2 years, mentions that it is very difficult to find any better and is actually considering buying the same microwave again but with a longer warranty.
- After pressing the Quick Minute button you still need to hit the Start button which can be annoying.
- It is difficult to see inside the microwave to see food being cooked.
- One Customer voiced complaints about the level of noise this model makes, however others have noticed this microwave to be particularly quiet. They also didn’t like how easy it was to see finger prints on it and had trouble reading the digital numbers.
- Compared to older microwaves the quality of construction feels cheap, but is on par with most modern microwaves.
- One owner expressed that after removing the glass turntable to clean it, it is difficult to put it back into place. It is hard to line back up and can slip off easily.
- One owner stated that the open door button needs a good hard push which can get annoying.
- One owner points out a major flaw in the displays design. The problem is that when you are at approximately 1 foot below the microwave’s level the display is very clear and easy to read as the microwave is at a higher level than you. But when you are at a higher level than the microwave, looking down, the display becomes unreadable. This is an issue as this type of microwave is most often placed at a counter level, requiring you to have to bend down to read the display.
The Panasonic NN-H765 Genius Sensor Microwave Oven is an all-round good microwave which is spacious, powerful, easy to use and has some pretty awesome features such as exceptional defrosting with the Turbo Defrost, and very handy One-Touch Cooking and Reheating. Cooking times are efficient and there is plenty of room on the turntable to cook larger items or a few items at once. But the best part is the quality of the end result. Food is cooked and heated evenly. Defrosting is thorough but not overdone. The Panasonic NN-H765WF & NN-H765BF microwaves offer fuss free peace of mind as it is very simple to use and is reliable in producing food properly cooked.
The majority of owners seem to really love all the handy features that Panasonic NN-H765WF Microwave Oven has to offer and enjoy the quality of food prepared. Many believe the microwave to be a good reliable product. The many positive reviews far outweigh the few negative reviews, and the negative comments are typical of the negative comments found on most of today’s microwave oven reviews. Out of many microwave ovens reviewed, this particular unit appears to have the least amount of flaws, and it is very rare to find the perfect appliance, which may explain why it is so popular, and its cost is relatively low for the size of the unit and the amount of features it has.
Not only does the Panasonic Genius Sensor Microwave Oven offer you quality, great features and ease of use but it is also extremely affordable. This makes it one of the best choices in countertop microwave ovens on the market today.