Those looking for a large, basic but affordable over the range microwave, may want to check out the Frigidaire Over-The-Range Microwave Oven. This unit is a large unit with a 1.6 Cubic Foot capacity and it is not a countertop microwave. This is an over-the-range model, which has to be installed above your stove, where your range hood would go. The Frigidaire offers efficiency with style and is available in 4 finishes: Black FFMV162LB, Stainless Steel FFMV162LS, Bisque FFMV162LQ, and White FFMV162LW.
Check Price on Amazon
Review of the Frigidaire Over-The-Range Microwave
1.6 Cubic Feet, 1000 Watt
Black FFMV162LB, Bisque FFMV162LQ, White FFMV162LW, & Stainless Steel FFMV162LS
This is a large full sized over-the-range microwave with a 1.6 Cubic Foot capacity. This very spacious interior allows you to place large dishes and casseroles into the unit, making it a wonderful addition to a kitchen for those of us who love to cook. It’s got all your basic features you could want in an over-the-range microwave oven such as a good large turntable which provides even cooking, strong power, an auto reheat function, defrosting, and easy to use quick buttons for popcorn, baked potato and beverages.
- Over-the-Range Design
- 1.6 Cubic Feet Capacity
- 1000 Watts
- 10 Power Levels
- 2 Speed Vent which is Hidden from View
- Glass Turntable
- One-Touch Electronic Controls
- Auto Reheat
- Popcorn, Baked Potato and Beverage Quick Buttons
- Measurements: 29.88 inches Wide by 16.41 inches High by 15.03 inches Deep
- Weight: 69 pounds
The owners of the Frigidaire Over-The-Range Microwave are quite happy and satisfied with the function, look and features this unit provides. There aren’t a lot of reviews but those available have rated the microwave highly at 4 and 5 out of 5 Stars. It is described as a very good basic unit which is great value for money.
Click here to read customer reviews
Let’s have a look at what people liked about this particular unit:
- Owners found the microwave to cook food well.
- It has a very spacious interior allowing plenty of room for all sorts of dishes.
- The turntable cooks and warms foods evenly.
- It has good power meaning fast cooking times.
- Beverage settings come in very handy especially for tea or coffee drinkers.
- The microwave looks sharp and clean.
- The microwave is fairly quiet whilst cooking.
- Microwave controls are easy to use and understand, but can take a little getting used to if you are used to the controls of a previous oven.
- The controls are quite basic but have some nice additions such as pressing 1. 2 or 3 will immediately run the microwave for the selected number of minutes.
- It has reminder beeps if you leave your food in the microwave after it is done cooking.
- The vent fans are strong.
- Stove lights are nice and bright.
- Microwave works consistently well after several months. Owner comments that the unit is still working great after 3 months.
- The unit is quite easy to install. It took one owner approximately 2 hours to install it by themselves.
- Owners believe this unit to be good value for money.
There are hardly any complaints from owners of the Frigidaire FFMV162LQ/W Over-The-Range Microwave, and the few downsides mentioned don’t seem to be big deal breakers.
- Although the microwave itself runs quietly the vent fans are a little loud when they are in use. Owners say it isn’t too bad though.
- The door of the unit is a little bit clunky to open and close. But once closed it feels very secure.
- The most annoying complaint to me would be this one: the beeps the microwave makes once the cycle is complete are a little too loud and too long. (I don’t know why they make the beeps so loud in many models, but this complaint tends to come up quite a bit). Also the beeps will continue even after opening the door. Tip! This problem can be solved by pressing cancel before opening the door to silence them.
- Owner found the costs to ship this particular unit to be a bit pricey.
The Frigidaire Over-The-Range Microwave Oven is a good value option in the small range of decent over-the-range microwave ovens available. It looks great, is basic but has all of the necessary functions and features, and is very affordable. As a range hood the lights are bright and the vent fans are nice and strong. And the microwave itself cooks food evenly and runs quietly. A great value large basic over-the-range unit.